The CTA written Examination Preparation Course is designed to support you in your journey towards becoming a Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA).
The course combines face-to-face practical input, tutor/peer reflection-based learning, and guided independent study to provide you with the essential structure, support and encouragement to complete the twenty-four thousand-word ‘dissertation’ – the requirement for you to demonstrate how you work effectively and ethically as a Transactional Analyst.
What does the CTA Written Examination Preparation Course cover?
A combination of one and two-day taught sessions (10 days over 9 months) are designed to support reflection and the writing group process. Topics covered will include:
- An in-depth exploration of all four sections of the CTA and how they are marked
- The EATA Core Competencies
- Writing reflectively, purposefully and with an audience in mind
- Choosing appropriate clinical material and transcripts
- How to overcome manifestations of script such as writer’s block and procrastination
- Presenting your work and how to include figures and diagrams
- How to use literature efficiently, referencing and conventions of academic writing
What outcomes can I expect?
We designed this course so that as a small group you will support each other meeting the deadlines necessary to complete the different parts of the written exam. If you meet these deadlines, by the end of the nine-month course, you can expect to have completed the first draft of your CTA written exam.
This course is primarily for those undertaking the CTA written exam in psychotherapy, although it will also be of help if you are taking an exam in other TA fields of application. In particular, the course will help if you:
- have recently completed or are nearing completion of your formal training
- have finished your formal training some time ago and wish to complete your qualification
- value collaboration and the support of tutors and peers in achieving successful completion of your final CTA examination
Please apply using our application form to join us for this exciting and supportive course at Connexus. We will invite you to a short interview either face to face or by Skype or other media, to discuss your personal and professional readiness to qualify as a CTA and UKCP Registered Psychotherapist.
Dates and course length for Autumn 2020:
A nine-month programme with ten taught days
2 days: Sep 26 and 27 2020
2 days: Oct 24 and 25
1 day: Dec 5
1 day: Jan 17 2021
2 days: Feb 6 and 7
1 day: Apr 10
1 day: May 8
Let us know if you have any questions