This workshop is a great introduction to understanding and working with couples. Not only will it to give you the confidence and ‘know-how’ to get started, or to hone and expand existing skills, it will also give you practical ‘tools’, knowledge and skills that you can take away and start to use immediately.
About this course
We are offering two opportunities to attend this 2-day course:
Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th February 2021, 9.30am to 4.30pm OR Thursday 24th and Friday 25th June 2021, 9.30am to 4.30pm
This highly enjoyable experiential and theoretical weekend is full of interesting clinical vignettes, models and processes. You will be introduced to the ‘purpose’ the couple serves, develop a deeper insight into relational dynamics and learn how to manage the complexities of the relationship they present in the therapy room.
The course is aimed at those with little experience in working with couples, those who want to refresh and expand their existing skill set and those that want to understand more about their own or others’ relationships.
Examples of course content:
- How to approach working with couples, versus working one-to-one or groups
- Managing the immediate issues that the couple present - useful frameworks
- Looking below the surface at the couple’s ‘fit ‘
- Managing two sets of needs in the therapy room
- Life stages and life experience including past tragedies - how these get played (acted) out in the relationship
- The couples’ unconscious needs and desires
- Remaining impartial as a therapist
- Safety, risk and ethics and their impact on the initial assessment
In order to maximise the learning potential for each individual we are capping the number of participants at 12.
Annette Jones is a highly respected couples’ therapist with over 18 years of experience specialising in working with the challenge and complexities of relationships. Annette works with those who want to improve the quality of their relationships, as well as those facing divorce, separation or relationship crisis. As a trainer, Annette’s energy and passion for this stimulating and rewarding area of therapy shines through as she guides others in how to navigate the sensitivities of infidelity, intimacy, sex, passion, money, arguments, abuse, abandonment and other key issues that arise between couples.